The City of Raleigh
Raleigh at a glance
Wake County Major Employers*
- Wake County Public Schools
- NC State University at Raleigh
- Wake Med
- SAS Institute Inc
- Rex Healthcare
- Wal-Mart Associates Inc
- Cisco Systems Inc
- City of Raleigh
- Dept of Public Safety
- State of NC Dept of Health & Human
- County of Wake
- NC Dept of Transportation
- Xerox Commercial Solutions Llc
- Harris Teeter Inc
- Progress Energy Service Co
- Food Lion
- US Postal Service
- Wells Fargo Bank Na
- Wake Technical Community College
- TWC Administration Llc
- State Employees Credit Union Inc
- Target Stores Div
- First Citizens Bank & Trust Co
- Onsite Companies Inc
Frequently ranked among the best places to live in the United States, Raleigh is the state capital and county seat for Wake County. Raleigh has a population of 437,175. That number is projected to reach 472,946 by 2019. The city is known for its state government workers, its proximity to Research Triangle Park and its highly skilled workforce, with 90 percent of residents having a high school diploma or higher. Six colleges and universities call Raleigh home, including North Carolina State University, Shaw University and William Peace University.
Who lives here?
- Current population 437,175
- Average age 35.5
- 57.6 percent white
- 28.7 percent black
- 4.1 percent Asian
- 12.1 percent Hispanic or Latino of any race
- Average household income is $73,134
- Bachelors degrees or higher are held by 45.6 percent of the population over 25
*Source: Nielsen, 2014
- SEARCH JOBS
- ADVANCED SEARCH
Jobs in the Raleigh area
- Associate Consultant - View similar jobs
Job type: Full-TimeFirmenlogo, verlinkt auf www.4flow.de/karriere As an award-winning employer and full-range provider of supply chain optimization services, 4flow...
- Entry Level / Auto Sales Representative - View similar jobs
Job type: Full-TimeSouthern States Automotive – Raleigh, NC AUTOMOTIVE SALES / AUTOMOTIVE RETAIL SALES Southern States Automotive Group representing Hyundai, Mazda and...
- Business Development Manager - View similar jobs
Job type: Full-TimeJOB At Credit Acceptance we believe in generously compensating highly successful sales people. We also believe that great sales people deserve the...
- Automotive Body Shop Painter - View similar jobs
Job type: Full-TimeBODY SHOP PAINTER Our collision department is growing – take your automotive career to the next level! Job Description: Prepare surfaces for painting...
- FVC Region Director Sales South Eastern Region - View similar jobs
Job type: Full-TimePURPOSE AND SCOPE: Supports FMCNA’s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including...
- AUTOMOTIVE SERVICE WRITER / SERVICE ADVISOR - View similar jobs
Job type: Full-TimeAUTOMOTIVE SERVICE ADVISOR / AUTOMOTIVE SERVICE WRITER – SALARY + FULL BENEFITS Job Description Automotive Service Advisors / Service Writers greet...
- Director, Quality Assurance - View similar jobs
Job type: Full-TimeThe Director, Quality Assurance (QA) will act as a leader in the QA Department and will assist in overseeing all global QA processes and functions. S/...
- Speech Language Pathologist-Part Time - View similar jobs
Job type: Part-TimeSpeech Language Pathologist (Education) Job Description Signature Learning Resources, Inc. has provided school-based therapy and special education...
- Leasing Agent - View similar jobs
Job type: Full-TimeLeasing Agent Company Description Sherman Residential , a division of Benj. E. Sherman & Sons, Inc. (BES), is a family owned Chicago-based real estate...
- Class A CDL Truck Driver (OTR / Team / Full Time) - View similar jobs
Job type: Full-Timelass A CDL Truck Driver (OTR / Team / Full Time) Job Description CDL Drivers—put your experience to work for you driving for a company that offers...