The City of Raleigh
Raleigh at a glance
Wake County Major Employers*
- Wake County Public Schools
- NC State University at Raleigh
- Wake Med
- SAS Institute Inc
- Rex Healthcare
- Wal-Mart Associates Inc
- Cisco Systems Inc
- City of Raleigh
- Dept of Public Safety
- State of NC Dept of Health & Human
- County of Wake
- NC Dept of Transportation
- Xerox Commercial Solutions Llc
- Harris Teeter Inc
- Progress Energy Service Co
- Food Lion
- US Postal Service
- Wells Fargo Bank Na
- Wake Technical Community College
- TWC Administration Llc
- State Employees Credit Union Inc
- Target Stores Div
- First Citizens Bank & Trust Co
- Onsite Companies Inc
Frequently ranked among the best places to live in the United States, Raleigh is the state capital and county seat for Wake County. Raleigh has a population of 437,175. That number is projected to reach 472,946 by 2019. The city is known for its state government workers, its proximity to Research Triangle Park and its highly skilled workforce, with 90 percent of residents having a high school diploma or higher. Six colleges and universities call Raleigh home, including North Carolina State University, Shaw University and William Peace University.
Who lives here?
- Current population 437,175
- Average age 35.5
- 57.6 percent white
- 28.7 percent black
- 4.1 percent Asian
- 12.1 percent Hispanic or Latino of any race
- Average household income is $73,134
- Bachelors degrees or higher are held by 45.6 percent of the population over 25
*Source: Nielsen, 2014
- SEARCH JOBS
- ADVANCED SEARCH
Jobs in the Raleigh area
- Director of Software Engineering - View similar jobs
Job type: Full-TimeDirector of Software Engineering Be in a new division responsible for building the next generation marketplace that will leverage the power of the...
- Senior UX Designer - View similar jobs
Job type: Full-TimeSenior UX Designer Be in a new division responsible for building the next generation marketplace that will leverage the power of the proprietary...
- LPN/LVN (TEST POSTING) - View similar jobs
Job type: Full-TimePlease replace this with your job description. Requirements include: Requirement 1 Requirement 2 Requirement 3 Benefits: Locally Owned and Operated...
- Senior Database Developer - View similar jobs
Job type: Full-TimeSenior Database Developer If you haven’t heard, Citrix ShareFile is the most exciting data sharing and synchronization technology for businesses....
- Technician I (Geot) - View similar jobs
Job type: Full-TimeTerracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a...
- Salesforce.com Developer - Raleigh, NC - $100,000-$110,000 - View similar jobs
Job type: Full-TimeMy client is seeking a Salesforce.com Developer to join their growing SFDC team in the Raliegh area. This will be a great opportunity for an...
- Maintenance Technician - View similar jobs
Job type: Full-TimeOur Raleigh NC client has an immediate need for a Maintenance Tech. Monitors machine health through temperature or vibration characteristics at...
- CB2392 - Java Developer - View similar jobs
Job type: ContractorThis is a 12 Month Contract Opportunity open to US Citizens and GC Holders. We are unable to accept visa candidates at this time due to the nature of...
- Bilingual Customer Service Representative - View similar jobs
Job type: Full-TimeESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: English/Spanish BILINGUAL required Extensive phone contact required. Review patient account and back up...
- Quick Lube Tech - View similar jobs
Job type: Full-TimeQUICK LUBE TECH / ENTRY LEVEL MECHANIC Are you an experienced Automotive Technician who has experience working in an independent shop, and are looking...