The City of Raleigh
Raleigh at a glance
Wake County Major Employers*
- Wake County Public Schools
- NC State University at Raleigh
- Wake Med
- SAS Institute Inc
- Rex Healthcare
- Wal-Mart Associates Inc
- Cisco Systems Inc
- City of Raleigh
- Dept of Public Safety
- State of NC Dept of Health & Human
- County of Wake
- NC Dept of Transportation
- Xerox Commercial Solutions Llc
- Harris Teeter Inc
- Progress Energy Service Co
- Food Lion
- US Postal Service
- Wells Fargo Bank Na
- Wake Technical Community College
- TWC Administration Llc
- State Employees Credit Union Inc
- Target Stores Div
- First Citizens Bank & Trust Co
- Onsite Companies Inc
Frequently ranked among the best places to live in the United States, Raleigh is the state capital and county seat for Wake County. Raleigh has a population of 437,175. That number is projected to reach 472,946 by 2019. The city is known for its state government workers, its proximity to Research Triangle Park and its highly skilled workforce, with 90 percent of residents having a high school diploma or higher. Six colleges and universities call Raleigh home, including North Carolina State University, Shaw University and William Peace University.
Who lives here?
- Current population 437,175
- Average age 35.5
- 57.6 percent white
- 28.7 percent black
- 4.1 percent Asian
- 12.1 percent Hispanic or Latino of any race
- Average household income is $73,134
- Bachelors degrees or higher are held by 45.6 percent of the population over 25
*Source: Nielsen, 2014
- SEARCH JOBS
- ADVANCED SEARCH
Jobs in the Raleigh area
- Senior Care Companions - View similar jobs
Job type: Full-TimeSenior Care Companions Home Instead Senior Care Home Health Aides Wanted for Senior Care Companions Certified Nursing Assistants Wanted for Senior ...
- Data Governance SME - View similar jobs
Job type: ContractorIRG is seeking Data Governance SME for its client at Raleigh, NC. This individual will support the newly established Data Discipline and Data Gover...
- Maintenance Director - View similar jobs
Job type: Full-TimeMaintenance Director Litch Ford Falls Healthcare and Rehab , a 114 long term care skilled nursing facility located in Raleigh, N.C. is seeking a Ma...
- Sales Technician - SecurityAlarmNow - ADT Authorized Dealer - View similar jobs
Job type: Full-TimeSecurity Alarm Now is an Authorized provider for ADT home security systems and is ranked in the top 1% of dealers nationwide! Our successful learni...
- Senior Administrative Assistant - View similar jobs
Job type: ContractorAccentuate Staffing is recruiting for a Senior Administrative Assistant to join the Research & Development team to support all administrative needs...
- Local Truck Driver - View similar jobs
Job type: Full-TimeLocal driver needed for rail transfer loads. We are looking for a dedicated driver to trans-load bulk food ingredients from rail cars to dry-bulk t...
- Sales Associate - View similar jobs
Job type: Full-TimePassionate about sales? Do you want to learn the ins and outs of sales? Are you willing to work hard to play hard? If you answered yes to these que...
- Clin Documentation Spec, RN - Home Health - View similar jobs
Job type: Full-TimeMinimum Salary: $50,169.60 Shift: Day Maximum Salary: $80,288.00 Campus: WakeMed Home Health Job Category: Home Health For best results, please use...
- MS Dynamics CRM - Sr. Developer - Raleigh, NC - $100,000 - $115 - View similar jobs
Job type: Full-TimeJob Title: Sr. Developer is needed in the Raleigh, NC area to help design and code the end user's new MS Dynamics CRM system Required Skills: 4+ ye...
- Computer Desktop Hardware Technician/Installer/Level 1 Help Desk - View similar jobs
Job type: Full-TimeJob is located in Asheville, NC. Electronic Office is growing! We are looking for candidates to work as Computer Hardware Technicians/PC Installers...