The City of Raleigh
Raleigh at a glance
Wake County Major Employers*
- Wake County Public Schools
- NC State University at Raleigh
- Wake Med
- SAS Institute Inc
- Rex Healthcare
- Wal-Mart Associates Inc
- Cisco Systems Inc
- City of Raleigh
- Dept of Public Safety
- State of NC Dept of Health & Human
- County of Wake
- NC Dept of Transportation
- Xerox Commercial Solutions Llc
- Harris Teeter Inc
- Progress Energy Service Co
- Food Lion
- US Postal Service
- Wells Fargo Bank Na
- Wake Technical Community College
- TWC Administration Llc
- State Employees Credit Union Inc
- Target Stores Div
- First Citizens Bank & Trust Co
- Onsite Companies Inc
Frequently ranked among the best places to live in the United States, Raleigh is the state capital and county seat for Wake County. Raleigh has a population of 437,175. That number is projected to reach 472,946 by 2019. The city is known for its state government workers, its proximity to Research Triangle Park and its highly skilled workforce, with 90 percent of residents having a high school diploma or higher. Six colleges and universities call Raleigh home, including North Carolina State University, Shaw University and William Peace University.
Who lives here?
- Current population 437,175
- Average age 35.5
- 57.6 percent white
- 28.7 percent black
- 4.1 percent Asian
- 12.1 percent Hispanic or Latino of any race
- Average household income is $73,134
- Bachelors degrees or higher are held by 45.6 percent of the population over 25
*Source: Nielsen, 2014
- SEARCH JOBS
- ADVANCED SEARCH
Jobs in the Raleigh area
- Automotive Sales Representative - View similar jobs
Job type: Full-TimeDeacon Jones Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram is looking for Sales Representatives to join its sales team - spring into a new career with Chrysler! Job Resp...
- Service Technician, Appliance Repair - View similar jobs
Job type: Full-TimeJoin the Sears Home Services team as an Appliance Repair Technician! Are you looking for a role that offers you an opportunity to be a part of a dy...
- Carpenter – Installer (Construction / Full Time or Part Time) - View similar jobs
Job type: Full-TimeMulti-skilled Carpenters – Handyman Matters of North Raleigh needs your expertise! We provide homes and businesses throughout the area with quality...
- Robert Half Technology Information Technology Search Recruiting Manager (Perm) - View similar jobs
Job type: Full-TimeReq ID: 120062 Join one of the World’s Most Admired Companies Robert Half Technology is looking for business development professionals with informa...
- Controller - View similar jobs
Job type: Full-TimeRef ID: 03220-128262 Classification: Controller Compensation: $100,000.00 to $125,000.00 per year Controller need for locally headquartered company...
- Oncology Territory Manager - View similar jobs
Job type: Full-TimeOncology Territory Sales Manager (This req is to collect resumes in anticipation of an expansion) Position Overview Ashfield Healthcare has partner...
- Customer Support Engineer - VPN - View similar jobs
Job type: Full-TimeThe Business Entity Are you pre-wired to understand what customers WANT and what they NEED to deliver business outcomes quickly? Can you do this in...
- Sales Reps Wanted - All Leads Provided (Raleigh NC) Starts: 5/2/16 - View similar jobs
Job type: Full-TimeAre you ready to join a winning sales team with pre-qualified leads, no cold calling, flexible schedule, and no cap on sales commission earnings? A...
- CMTS/DOCSIS Customer Support Engineer - View similar jobs
Job type: Full-TimeThe Business Entity Technical Services at Cisco is a team of world-class experts whose #1 focus is to help customers deploy and operate their netwo...
- Mathematics Faculty - View similar jobs
Job type: ContractorMathematics Faculty Description Do you want to make a difference? If so, then ECPI University may be the place for you. We are seeking professional...