The City of Raleigh
Raleigh at a glance
Wake County Major Employers*
- Wake County Public Schools
- NC State University at Raleigh
- Wake Med
- SAS Institute Inc
- Rex Healthcare
- Wal-Mart Associates Inc
- Cisco Systems Inc
- City of Raleigh
- Dept of Public Safety
- State of NC Dept of Health & Human
- County of Wake
- NC Dept of Transportation
- Xerox Commercial Solutions Llc
- Harris Teeter Inc
- Progress Energy Service Co
- Food Lion
- US Postal Service
- Wells Fargo Bank Na
- Wake Technical Community College
- TWC Administration Llc
- State Employees Credit Union Inc
- Target Stores Div
- First Citizens Bank & Trust Co
- Onsite Companies Inc
Frequently ranked among the best places to live in the United States, Raleigh is the state capital and county seat for Wake County. Raleigh has a population of 437,175. That number is projected to reach 472,946 by 2019. The city is known for its state government workers, its proximity to Research Triangle Park and its highly skilled workforce, with 90 percent of residents having a high school diploma or higher. Six colleges and universities call Raleigh home, including North Carolina State University, Shaw University and William Peace University.
Who lives here?
- Current population 437,175
- Average age 35.5
- 57.6 percent white
- 28.7 percent black
- 4.1 percent Asian
- 12.1 percent Hispanic or Latino of any race
- Average household income is $73,134
- Bachelors degrees or higher are held by 45.6 percent of the population over 25
*Source: Nielsen, 2014
- SEARCH JOBS
- ADVANCED SEARCH
Jobs in the Raleigh area
- Client Solutions Manager - View similar jobs
Job type: Full-TimeSRG Woolf Group (a division of Impellam NA) is currently seeking a motivated Client Solutions Manager to join our Staffing and Recruiting Organizat...
- Territory Manager - View similar jobs
Job type: Full-TimePPG Territory Sales Representative– Lowes Raleigh, NC At PPG, we recognize to be best we need the best people. We are recruiting for the best Terri...
- Electronic Technician - High Power Electronics - View similar jobs
Job type: Full-TimeBattery powered vehicle Motor Controller manufacturer seeking an electronic technician/engineer. Responsibilities include cause/failure analysis fo...
- Licensed OP Forensic Clinician - Contractor - View similar jobs
Job type: ContractorFellowship Health Resources, Inc., a nationally recognized leader in the mental health field, is a private, nonprofit service agency providing comm...
- Financial Planning and Reporting Director - View similar jobs
Job type: Full-TimeThe Financial Reporting & Planning Director is responsible for managing the reporting, planning, forecasting, and analysis functions. This individu...
- Sr. SQL Developer - View similar jobs
Job type: Full-TimeSr. SQL Developer PURPOSE AND SCOPE: Support FMCNA’s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adhere to the FMCNA Compliance P...
- Cardiovascular Sales Specialist (RALEIGH E, NC) - View similar jobs
Job type: Full-TimeNovartis is recruiting for a Cardiovascular Sales Specialist (RALEIGH E, NC) As a global healthcare leader, Novartis has one of the most exciting p...
- Regional Sales Manager - View similar jobs
Job type: Full-TimePPG Regional Sales Manager – Lowes Raleigh, NC At PPG, we recognize to be the best we need the best people on our team. We are recruiting for the b...
- Wireless Sales Manager - View similar jobs
Job type: Full-TimeOur company, Wireless Giant is an innovative wireless technology retailer specializing in cellular products and services, Founded in 1996. We are s...
- Regional Administrative Coordinator - View similar jobs
Job type: Full-TimeFHR, Inc., a nationally recognized leader in the adult behavioral healthcare field, is a nonprofit agency currently recruiting a full time Regional...