The City of Raleigh
Raleigh at a glance
Wake County Major Employers*
- Wake County Public Schools
- NC State University at Raleigh
- Wake Med
- SAS Institute Inc
- Rex Healthcare
- Wal-Mart Associates Inc
- Cisco Systems Inc
- City of Raleigh
- Dept of Public Safety
- State of NC Dept of Health & Human
- County of Wake
- NC Dept of Transportation
- Xerox Commercial Solutions Llc
- Harris Teeter Inc
- Progress Energy Service Co
- Food Lion
- US Postal Service
- Wells Fargo Bank Na
- Wake Technical Community College
- TWC Administration Llc
- State Employees Credit Union Inc
- Target Stores Div
- First Citizens Bank & Trust Co
- Onsite Companies Inc
Frequently ranked among the best places to live in the United States, Raleigh is the state capital and county seat for Wake County. Raleigh has a population of 437,175. That number is projected to reach 472,946 by 2019. The city is known for its state government workers, its proximity to Research Triangle Park and its highly skilled workforce, with 90 percent of residents having a high school diploma or higher. Six colleges and universities call Raleigh home, including North Carolina State University, Shaw University and William Peace University.
Who lives here?
- Current population 437,175
- Average age 35.5
- 57.6 percent white
- 28.7 percent black
- 4.1 percent Asian
- 12.1 percent Hispanic or Latino of any race
- Average household income is $73,134
- Bachelors degrees or higher are held by 45.6 percent of the population over 25
*Source: Nielsen, 2014
- SEARCH JOBS
- ADVANCED SEARCH
Jobs in the Raleigh area
- Sales Professionals - View similar jobs
Job type: Full-TimeSales Professionals We're Growing! Come Join Us! Leith Automotive Group is experiencing unprecedent success. We are family owned, locally operated ...
- Service Writer - View similar jobs
Job type: Full-TimeSERVICE WRITER- experience required, call 919-556-5185. No weekends. Source - News & Observer
- GRAPHIC DESIGNER - View similar jobs
Job type: ContractorCTG is looking for a Graphic Designer for a top technology client in the RTP, NC area. This is a position that offers the opportunity to work onsit...
- Qualified Professional - View similar jobs
Job type: Full-Timegt independence YOUR CAREER YOUR CHOICE GT Independence helps people live a life of their choosing regardless of age or ability by providing payrol...
- Job Opportunities - View similar jobs
Job type: Full-TimeThe Town of Apex is currently recruiting for the following positions : APEX 1873 NORTH CAROLINA Electric Line Technician Limited Service Firefighte...
- Master Control Operator - View similar jobs
Job type: Full-TimeMake your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a commun...
- Customer Service Representative - Work at Home - View similar jobs
Job type: ContractorCustomer Service Representatives: Be Your Own Boss. Work at Home. Make today the day you move forward with your work from home dream. You want to w...
- Customer Service Representative - Inbound Sales - Work at Home - View similar jobs
Job type: ContractorMake today the day you move forward with your work from home dream. The Arise platform currently has a client opportunity available that is ideal f...
- Telecommunicator - View similar jobs
Job type: Full-TimeHolly Springs NORTH CAROLINA The Town of Holly Springs is currently recruiting for the following position: Telecommunicator (2 positions) To apply ...
- Investigator - View similar jobs
Job type: Full-TimeNC BOARD OF NURSING NORTH CAROLINA BOARD OF NURSING POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT INVESTIGATOR The North Carolina Board of Nursing is seeking an Investigat...