The City of Chapel Hill
Chapel Hill at a glance
Orange County Major Employers
- UNC Chapel Hill
- UNC Health Care System
- Chapel Hill - Carrboro City Schools
- Orange County Schools
- Orange County
- Town of Chapel Hill Inc
- Aramark Food and Support Services
- UNC Physicians Network Llc
- Wal-Mart Associates Inc
- Harris Teeter Inc
- General Electric Corp
- A K G of America Inc
- P H E Inc
- The Chapel Hill Residential
- Food Lion
- Weaver Street Market Inc
- Performance Chevrolet Inc
- Wellspring Grocery
- A Southern Season
- Residential Services Inc
- Carolina Inn
- Town of Carrboro
- U S Postal Service
- Chapel Hill Restaurant Mgmt
*Source: NC Commerce, Labor and Economic Analysis Division
Chapel Hill, home of the states flagship university, has nearly 60,000 residents, half of them students at the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill. Nicknamed the Southern Part of Heaven for its leafy setting, mild weather and tolerant attitude, Chapel Hill is most famous for Carolina basketball.
Who lives here?
- Current population 59,652
- Average age 34.8
- 71.4 percent white
- 10.0 percent black
- 12.6 percent Asian
- 6.2 percent Hispanic or Latino of any race
- Median household income is $102,534
- Bachelors degrees or higher are held by 71.7 percent of the population over 25
*Source: Nielsen, 2014
- SEARCH JOBS
- ADVANCED SEARCH
Jobs in the Chapel Hill area
- Research Instructor/Assistant Professor - View similar jobs
Job type: Full-TimeThe UNC Department of Psychiatry is seeking a person who will have responsibility for statistical aspects of multiple major clinical research projects...
- Assistant Restaurant Manager – Restaurant Food Service Manager - View similar jobs
Job type: Full-TimeIf you are a self-motivated and ambitious individual with the desire to reach your full professional potential, join our management team at Carrols...
- ADVANCE PRACTICE PROVIDER I - PHYSICAL MEDICINE AND REHAB - View similar jobs
Job type: Part-TimeThe Advance Practice Provider (APP), in the Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation will provide services to inpatients of our affiliated...
- SENIOR INTERNAL AUDITOR - DEPARTMENT OF AUDIT SERVICES - View similar jobs
Job type: Full-TimeResponsible for performing financial and operational audits. Reviews documents and records for deficiencies in controls or noncompliance with...
- SAS programmer/analyst - View similar jobs
Job type: Full-TimeUNC General Administration (UNC System Office), Chapel Hill, NC seeks a SAS programmer/analyst to join the Institutional Research (IR) team. As part...
- Substance Abuse Specialist/Clinical Instructor - View similar jobs
Job type: Full-TimeThe Department of Psychiatry at UNC-CH is recruiting for a substance abuse Clinical Instructor. The SA specialist will be an active participant on the...
- Clinical Assistant/Associate Professor - View similar jobs
Job type: Full-TimeThe UNC Center of Excellence for Eating Disorders and the Division of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry are seeking a psychiatrist to provide clinical...
- RN CLINICAL NURSE II (PER DIEM)- CARDIAC INTENSIVE CARE UNIT-3 ANDERSON - View similar jobs
Job type: ContractorPer Diem RN needed for Cardiac Intensive Care Unit The CICU provides care to patients with medical cardiac dysfunction through collaborative practice...
- HOME HEALTH NURSE - PAY PER VISIT - View similar jobs
Job type: Part-TimeHome Health Department Pay-Per-Visit UNC Home Health provides expert health care services to adults in the comfort and privacy of their own homes,...
- RN CLINICAL NURSE II - DIALYSIS - View similar jobs
Job type: Full-TimeThe Dialysis Team needs a dynamic staff RN to join us in providing compassionate, safe, high quality acute dialysis for adult and pediatric population...